Monday, March 23, 2020

A short introduction of "fika".

Hi and welcome to my new food blog. 

This blog is about “fika”. Fika is a Swedish word and it is often translated as “coffee and cake break”, however for Swedish people fika, is so much more than just a coffee and cake break. 

Fika has many good points. One of the good points is that it seems to make them happier. Swedes usually make time to fika every day sometimes several times in one day. It means making time for family, friends, and colleagues to share a cup of coffee or tea and something small to eat. (Any drink or food will be fine for fika) 

Swedish people think that fika will be a good reason for sharing time. They can talk and understand each other better.

In my blog, I will introduce food and drinks. Some of the fika will be done by me, so it will probably look a bit amateur, some of the fika will be done by my sister who works full time at a bakery. I will also buy some of the fika from bakeries and other shops.

I aim to be able to introduce a tasty, funny and interesting fika that will put a smile on the face. =)

As I usually say to my family, friends, and colleagues, “let’s fika!




2 comments:

  1. Hello, thanks, compliments, and all the best from Italy, just south of Venice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roberto,

      thank you for your comments. All the best from Japan. Take care of yourself.

      Delete